The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Has anyone strapped a Noctilux onto a Nex-7

jonoslack

I did
the 0.95 - I thought it was fine - focusing good, even in low light (where there's always a twinkle in an eye). Great results.

Only thing against it is that I'd rather strap it to an M9!

V

Vivek

I have not. I don't own one.

I own a Canon 50/0.95 and a 9.8cm f/1 lens (a real lens).

They are both heavy lenses. Though they bring some stability to the anemic NEX-7, there is always this fear of the adapter getting ripped off. I would really like a grip for the NEX-7 to be able shoot with these.

I also do not own the rare 50/1.2 Noct (the original (first) one with an aspherical element).

But I do have a fabulous Fujinon 50/1.2 and an Olympus pen F 42/1.2. Both do very well, in terms of balance. Focus is OK as I always use focus assist. I must say that they are a joy to use on the NEX-7 because of the built in EVF. It was very difficult on the NEX-5.

Soon, I expect to use a few more fast lenses.

m_driscoll

Woody: I've shot the Nex 7 and the Noctilux 0.95. Great combination. Not unwieldy, and easier to handle then you think. Nice short tele. Here's a few shots (including several stereotypical 'nocti' photos :D). All wide open.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll