The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Really Fast lens on the NEX-7

V

Vivek

Woody Campbell was asking about Noctilux on the 7.

Here is my first test shot (I have had this lens for several years now and have used it on Nikon cams) with my Wild Heerbrugg 9.8cm f/1 lens on the NEX-7. I have not yet put this in a secure mount for the NEX. So, very fast shutter speed was essential.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

NEX-7, Wild Heerbrugg Reconar 9.8cm f/1, 1/2000s, f/1, ISO400.

V

Vivek

A couple of ambitious shots from Tennis practice! I added a focus helicoid and the longest focus here is this. Yet to house this lens in a proper set up.

V

Vivek

Thanks! :)

At the moment it is in a M42 mount conveniently. However this is going to be changed drastically so that it would be in Alpha mount (with infinity focus), tripod collar and a filter thread mount (would come to ~82mm) to attach a proper hood.

V

Vivek

No, I have not (nor have I seen any images of it anywhere). It is a medium format lens (coverage >80mm!) made for aerial reconnaissance missions/cameras. No idea how many were made and actually survive.

There are some visible samples of another lens- the Wild Heerbrugg Falconar 9.8cm f/1.4 around though. The Reconar is two stops faster!

I will weigh it and make some pictures of it one of these days.

hodad66

I saw the 1.4 after your post using an ebay search..... had no clue what to do with that big box.......