The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gariz Leather Half-Cases for NEX-7 Available

etrigan63

Those of you in the market for a leather half-case for the NEX-7 may want to check out Gariz.com. They just started shipping the leather half-case for the NEX-7 which includes a metal baseplate and access to the battery/sd-card door.

[NOTE: I do not work for Gariz.com or receive any form of compensation from them. This is posted for the education of the denizens of GetDPI.com]

V

Vivek

Thanks, Carlos! That extra few mm to the grip is going to be very useful! :thumbs:

Do you know the price in $ or Euros?

etrigan63

The site lists the price at 95,000 Won which is about $85 USD. The eBay sites list them for $115 USD. Still, that is really inexpensive compare to a Luigi case.

V

Vivek

What is a Luigi case? :D

Thanks again, Carlos. Will order one.

etrigan63

Decided not to wait and ordered the black one from eBay. I have a feeling the shipping Gary would have charged will make up for the difference.

Can't wait!

V

Vivek

$106.80 (ebay) for the black/shipped. Can't wait for mine either. :)

N

nocavat

just ordered one in black,very cool case, has anyone used the gun shot strap of his?

etrigan63

It's very similar to another strap I already own (whose name eludes me at the moment). The strap is a big loop worn diagonally across the chest. There is a spring clip that attaches to the connector loop on the bottom of the case. This clip can slide freely on the strap. One simply grabs the camera and the clip slides up the strap and the connector on the bottom swivels to prevent kinking

Last edited:

jonoslack

This looks lovely . . .but I prefer my cameras in the nude, and let's face it, if we're paying this sort of money, then the difference will cover a lot of scratches when it's sold on ebay!

etrigan63

I hear you Jono, but I need to put a cover on my camera gear if possible because the chemical makeup of my sweat is quite detrimental to camera covers. I had to send my M8 to Cameraleather for recovering because of the toxic seepage from my pores.

douglasf13

I'm not sure about with the NEX-7, but I love using cases like this on the 5N. It adds the right amount of additional bulk to the grip, and the leather deals nicely with perspiration.

V

Vivek

This is the first time I even thought about such things (because the camera is worth it) let alone buy it because of the extra few mm this grip offers, especially at the bottom. I even use the strap that came with the cam.

If ebay or elsewhere offers the cams for prices lower than the new ones, I will be pleased. :)

bcm

If you order direct from Gariz the prices are:

XS-CHNEX7 (half case) - USD 95
XS-WSM3 (wrist strap) - USD 19
XS-CHLSNBR (gunshot shoulder strap) - USD 45

V

Vivek

Mine got here quickly. The camera becomes about 8mm higher. As a result, the grip is very much better. I did not feel good buying such boutique ware (never bought anything like this ever!) but am OK with what it provides.

The tripod screw slot at the bottom, though it looks sleek, is a bit dodgy. Only half a drop of glue. Attaching and removing anything to it could unscrew it.

Since the bottom of the case is even and flat, I can now attach some bulk to it to make the whole thing even more stable.

Those look great! Let us know how the finger clearance is between
the grip and lens.....
That depends on the thickness of a person's fingers. The grip adds ~3mm overall in the grip area. It still is usable for me.

I could retrieve the battery as the animation shows but not the SD card with the case on. To remove the card, I have to unscrew and remove the case first.

Last edited: