The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

After Market Batteries for NEX 7 ?

gurtch

I received my NEX 7 and chargerd the battery fully. I have been reading the instructions and fooling around with the camera to try to figure it out, taking, maybe a dozen snapshots of no value, other than to see how everything functions. I continued to play with it this morning, and the battery is DEAD already! Wow, My Sony A900 battery lasts forever on a charge!
Has anyone purchased an "After Market" battery and charger? The Sony battery is $53. Ebay has a a battery AND charger for about $17. I want to save a few bucks, but not harm the camera. What has been your experience?
Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ

Bigkidneys

Just received a Wasabi kit from Amazon. Used them with my 5N with no issues. Used one today with the 7 and no issues either. Battery seems to be drinking at same rate as the Sony battery...