The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The E 16mm goodness

pegelli

As I said, buy it, use it and enjoy! :LOL:
Buy, not sure, but I explained above why I'm not actively searching.

Enjoy, for sure:

Charge....

Let's pray they all come back in one piece, not all will leave the battlefield unscathed

So we can share a victory drink

:salute:

Bigkidneys

I have had a couple copies of the 16 and also used the UWA converter. I look at it the same as the ZA 24/1.8. Good for close to medium focus scenes but for landscape, not good due to the corners mushing out. Granted, haven't tried the 16 on the 7 but did on the 5N. Conversely, didn't have the 24 when I had a 5N.

V

Vivek

Hermann, That is useful.:) I have both the lenses.

I had already disassembled the Sony E 16mm.

After a long hard thought, this is the best explanation I could come up with. The E 16 travelled with me to India 2 summers ago. Was in ~35 deg celcius for just about 2 or 3 days. That did the damage to the plastic.

A few summers earlier, the Olympus 17/2.8 was in Barcelona at about ~40 deg Celcius.

Both the lenses have pretty much the same design and material construction as some of the phone camera lenses. Zeiss are proud about their lens used in the upcoming Nokia pureview phone. Similar 5 elements 5 groups construction and all plastic. Plastic (lens elements) and temperature variations are not compatible.

I have now two lenses to play/tinker with to see if I can make them useful for my needs.

The Sigma 30/2.8 (announced price 189 Euros here) is an all glass lens. Sound more promising to me.