The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax Distagon 28mm F2.8 on Nex-7 or Nex-5

Paul2660

Has anyone used the Contax Distation T 28mm F2.8 lens on either the Nex-7 or 5? I found this mount adapter at Fotodiox which would work as it's the C/Y mount to nex, but they only list up to the Nex-5. The mount appears to be thick and I wondered if it would add any color cast or vignetting issues. I used this lens for a while on Canon and know it's a very good copy and figured it might be a good manual focus wide angle for the Sony.

This is the mount on Fotodiox's site that I am assuming will work.

Fotodiox Professional Photography Supplies and Equipment

Any Feedback is appreciated.

Paul

Bimjo

It should work without issue. No worries re: vignette or color cast from the adaptor, it merely re-establishes the proper lens registration distance. I got my adaptor from Rainbow Imaging and it works fine on all my C/Y mount lenses.