The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3D with NEX7

hot

These pictures are 2x 600x337 ... in reality they are 100x as large --> 2x 6000x3375
They are small, but you can download them and look 3D with StereoPhotoMaker. Even with each monitor as anaglyphs.

Last edited:

hot

You can save any 3D picture (these pictures are made with NEX7) side-by-side with StereoPhotoMaker and rename this JPG to JPS.

Then load them to LG Optimus P920 - and voila - look them without 3D glasses on the smartphone's 3D display.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Great stuff!

Are these shot using the "3D picture mode" in the NEX-7? Or are these true 3D images where you moved the camera between carefully positioned shots?

hot

Pictures are made with tripod + cheap $8-rail. Pict1(left)+Pict2(some mm right) are with StereoPhotoMaker converted to *.MPO.

hot

3D photos with NEX7 + 18-55 ... freehand
left picture - one step right - right picture

hot

Some 3D panoramas from yesterday - made with Sony NEX7.
As you see pictures are not side-by-side, but up-down.
You can load them with StereoPhotoMaker und look in any representation.

hot

3D is "what you see with TWO eyes" ... no pop & glow.
Each two-eyed man sees 3D, - 2D is "unnatural" :)

hot

3D photos with Nintendo 3D, Fuji W3 and LG optimus P920

For looking 3D photos I use passive/active monitors (24") or passive/active tvs (46") - buuuuut
they are not portable. You need 3D notebook or 3D tablet or something pocketable :p

Nintendo 3D, Fuji W3, LG optimus P920 have lenticular displays and show photos in 2D - and 3D photos without glasses ... *.MPO

prices
€ 169 - Nintendo 3D - children toy
€ 169 - Fuji W3 - 3D camera
€ 288 - LG P920 - android smartphone

PS: €450 3D camera Lumix 3D1 :cool: :mad: :eek: has NOOOOO 3D display!

Nintendo 3D

Fuji W3

LG P920

Last edited:

hot

Viewer for 3D photos/movies - of course a 23" 3D monitor 1920x1080 for € 130 is 3.14159x better, buuuut not portable.

Also available as tablet with Android 4.0.3, 8GB, camera, HDMI .... 50% more.

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Very nice.

I tried a technique on my monitor that I learned from a physics text many years ago with stereo pairs of images. I get a little further than an arms length from the monitor and cross my eyes until the 2 images merge. If you cross your eyes just right it will pop into a 3 dimensional image and lock (at least for me). Your pictures do look great this way.

It gets a little easier with practice. Unfortunately, due to a bad neck, I can't try it with your pictures taken with a vertical separation as I would have to make my eyes perpendicular to the horizontal, plus I don't think my brain would work that way.

Shelby