The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SPIN Magazine Party w/ NEX 7 and C/Y Zeiss 50mm 1.4

Here are some shots from the SPIN Magazine party at Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX during SXSW. These were shot on the 7 with a C/Y mount Zeiss 50mm 1.4.

Most if not all were shot around f/2 - f/2.8 simply to make nailing focus on moving subjects a bit easier than when shooting wide open.

Peaking worked great and the resolution/detail is really outstanding.

Please note that I added some light leak effects and grain so don't be alarmed that the Zeiss has color bleed issues in the corners - it most definitely does not!

looks good. love the detail and textures.

no shots of fiona apple?
Thanks. These low res versions don't do the detail justice at all but it is there.

No photos of Fiona, although I think I have one in the archive somewhere. She and Quentin Tarantino had dinner next to us a few years ago and I happened to have my 5D with me ;)