The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus Magnification Nex7 with Fotodiox adapter & Contax Lens

Paul2660

I just received a Fotodiox Contax to Nex7 adapter and mounted a Contax 28mm F2.8 distagon lens. To my surprise, when I attempt focus magnification I get an error "invalid because lens not attached. attach the lens correctly".

Question, can you not use Focus Magnification? with non Sony glass? I never assumed this would be the case. I understand how the adapters work, in that you have to manually adjust the aperture. But since the camera can't get an aperture, is that why it won't allow magnification?

Added: I can't even fire the shutter, I get an error telling me to attach a lens. So I guess I call Fotodiox in the am

I am hoping there is a setting to get around this, if not, back to Sony Glass as my tired eyes need the magnification.

Thanks
Paul

V

Vivek

Paul

Menu --->

Setup--->

Release w/o Lens ----> should be Enable

Paul2660

Ok,

My mistake,, Did not realize you have to enable "shoot without lens". Works fine now. :D

Not too sure that the menu on this subject makes any sense however.

Paul

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
It does at one level, Paul: if you are using a 'blind' adapter, the camera does not know there's a lens attached; hence the setting. It is a bit counter-intuitive, though!