The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex 7 with Zeiss 15mm 2.8 ZM

ryc

I have been reading a lot about the NEX not handling wides very well. I am very new to the NEX world but have not had any issues with wides that I can think of. The widest lens I have is the 15mm ZM and hereis a sample of what the NEX-7 did with it. Am I missing something here?

To see a larger image just click on the image in this link

justnex.com - justnex.com Gallery Photo Nr: 26383

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
JT - that's a wonderful lens. If you look closely at your image above, you'll notice color shifting in the corners (magenta cast in the corners of the images). This is due to the nature of the NEX-7 sensor and the extreme angle the light takes when it hits the corners of the sensor (it is diffracted by the glass/lenses that cover the sensor).

This is easily fixable by processing your images through a tool called "cornerfix" (export to DNG, run cornerfix on the DNG files, then edit your DNGs as usual in LightRoom).

If the color shift doesn't bother you, then don't worry about it - just shoot away and be happy :)

You can also convert to B&W, which eliminates this issue.

V

Vivek

You have had this lens since your M8 days, right? Taking care of the magenta madness should be a piece of cake for you. :)

mazor

wow big glass for nex! for me the cv 15 f4.5 seems to work well with nex 5n with no noticable color cast, but guess thats because its not a nex 7

V

Vivek

Great memory. yes. used it on the M8 quite a bit.
Two factors:

1. You were one of the first ones to show samples from the 15/2.8 that I know.

2. The samples were really striking (there were a few shots from a bar if I am not mistaken). :)