The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A77 firmware update to 1.05

dhsimmonds

I have had a day of updating my cameras' firmware. I have just completed the update of my A77 to version 1.05. In addition to auto lens corrections for a number of additional lenses, including the ZA 85/1.4 and ZA 135/1.8, the camera is now a lot more "snappier" (no pun intended!).

The camera now starts up and in particular, shuts down much faster.:D

I know that there are those here who like to knock firmware updates (sorry Jono!) but I always try to up date my cameras as soon as I have the time and I for one can usually see a difference, before and after updates. :deadhorse:

Jim DE

Yeah 1.05 made the camera more responsive.

Seems the tweaking of the flash issues are a mixed bag. Some day it helped other say it's still a issue at times (the only time I use a flash on my 77 is for macro and I only 3 times have experienced the over exposure issue some talk about.

dhsimmonds

Yeah 1.05 made the camera more responsive.

Seems the tweaking of the flash issues are a mixed bag. Some day it helped other say it's still a issue at times (the only time I use a flash on my 77 is for macro and I only 3 times have experienced the over exposure issue some talk about.
I agree with you, for what I use it for it works really fine, but it is more powerful than most built in camera flash. Easily controlled by dialling in a bit of negative flash compensation. It is a boon for very low light photography though, as the EVF can "see" far more in the dark than an optical VF so focusing is not a problem, the A77 manages to find the subject and lock on, but flash is needed to get the exposure so the extra power is just great at full power.