The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware fix for the misplaced video button?

johnnygoesdigital

Is there a firmware fix that addresses the annoying video button on the Nex 7? It would be quite useful if it was a press video first, then okay to confirm, or press the video button for 3 seconds to activate it. I'm constantly inadvertently shooting video.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I like that you can assign the movie button to other features in the OMD. Video is done via the shutter button in video only. Yes the NEX-7 video button is bad as is.

hot

I've NOOOOO problems with video button and do NOT need an update.
Learn to handle your camera and suppress your unorthodox wishes :)

mazor

Would be awesome if I could program the video button on the 5n to do something else. Every button counts on the 5n lol

geesbert

How about plastic surgery to your hand? after about 10000 pictures with my Nex7 I haven't made one single unwanted movie.

dmcgoy

Seriously. Bunch of jerks in here. To the OP - this is constantly being requested. You may want to try to contact Sony. I'm pretty sure that Nex engineers are not reading this forum. If you don't shoot much video, you can tape a stiff piece of something over the button to make it harder to depress.

HeavyDuty

To everyone that never accidentally touched off a video clip with their NEX - congratulations, I'm proud of you. Why not support getting a useful fix for the rest of us clumsy clods? I believe we're in the majority. ;)

mazor

yup ditto, have accidentally set off the video record mode multiple times on the 5n without knowing.