The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nex7 and Leica ( ultra) Wide R-Lenses?

S

struppo

Hello
i decide to buy a Nex 7 as digital back for my Leica R Lenses, which i can use not on my Eos System cause of the mirror is to near to the R- Lenses.
Are ther some experiences of following lenses together with the Nex7 or 5n

Super Angulon R 4/21
Vario Elmar 21-35 3,5-4,5 Asph
Super Elmar R 3,5 15

Are there the magenta problems as well, as with the wide M lenses?

Thanks for input and sorry for my bad english.
Kind regards from Germany
Bruno

pegelli

I have no personal experience with any of these lenses (unfortunately) but in general retrofocus designs which have the rear lens element a lot further from the sensor (like these R lenses) show much less corner problems than the rangefinder WA's where the rear lens element is very close to the sensor.
I hope someone else with real hands-on experience can either confirm or deny this general trend I described.

No problem with the elmarit 19 type 2, but i think that all leica r lenses should perform well on nex 7. (Jono has the 21-35 and is not completely satisfied with the performance of this lens, but no fault of the nex)

Sergio

douglasf13

Using SLR lenses on the NEX-7 shouldn't be any different than using the same lenses on the A77, outside of there being no mirror.