The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

tripod head with the NEX 5N

jfirneno

So I have a problem with mounting my NEX 5N with the metabones adapter for Contax G lenses onto my tripod head. The adapter extends below the level of the camera body (of course in front of the body) and this interferes with the kind of quick release mounting plate the head uses. Has anyone run into this and if so can you suggest an option or a particular release plate and head that worked for you.

Thanks,
John

turbines

I don't know which plate you have but many are common "Arca Swiss" type and will work with other vendor's head. I use the Really Right Stuff camera plate for the Nex5N and it works fine with both my Kirk & Fiesol ball heads. The plate does not interfere with my Contax G lenses on Metabones adapters. Really Right Stuff - Item Listing