The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Sigma 19mm

mazor

nice start to a new thread alphaman. I gather you are having success with your 19mm sigma where you can focus and thecamera starts up quick?

alphaman

The focus and camera start up are much closer to the Sony lenses and are a huge improvement on the now obviously faulty 30mm (which will be replaced).

As an example, the 30mm couldn't focus on the 3rd picture (sheep's wool on barbed wire), whereas the 19 mm did it with ease.:)

Jim DE

Very nice alphaman! I guess I am one of the fortunate one and got a great copy of the 16mm back when I was a early adopter of the original NEX5. Mine seems to fade at f16 and higher but 2.8 is OK and above that to f16 it is very usable. That said it is the only reason I have not gotten the 19mm. I have the 30mm and love it for hands free shooting when I don't feel like manual focusing my legacy glass.

I can see why you like your 19mm!