The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bullish on Sony

douglasf13

Yeah, my printer only goes to 13x19, or just over A3, and, as I mentioned earlier, it is tough to tell which camera I used for the several prints around my house. As long as PPI is in the 200s, I find it difficult to tell a difference. Plus, if you don't use a tripod, some of the advantage of the higher megapixel camera is nullified. Right now, I kinda of treat my X100 as a 35mm replacement and my Nex-7 as a medium format replacement.

JimBuchanan

Even though the NEX-7 doesn't perform well with my M mount wides, I'm still bullish on the NEX-7. I never used a NEX-5n, so I can't comment, only that the user interface and EVF of the 7 is important to me. I also think I'm not missing anything yet as far as Fuji is concerned.

I too have a Contax 45 Planar, but haven't used it yet, as it is being Leica-fied by Mr. Hawk in case Leica comes out with something new or the M9 prices get to my price point. I have a Zeiss postwar 50/1.5 Sonnar that I'm working with for portraits. I'd like a 75mm for the longer end. The Sigma 30 fills the normal lens spot. It's the short end that is the challenge. I suppose its time to try the Sigma 19.

V

Vivek

Even though the NEX-7 doesn't perform well with my M mount wides, I'm still bullish on the NEX-7. I never used a NEX-5n, so I can't comment, only that the user interface and EVF of the 7 is important to me. I also think I'm not missing anything yet as far as Fuji is concerned.

I too have a Contax 45 Planar, but haven't used it yet, as it is being Leica-fied by Mr. Hawk in case Leica comes out with something new or the M9 prices get to my price point. I have a Zeiss postwar 50/1.5 Sonnar that I'm working with for portraits. I'd like a 75mm for the longer end. The Sigma 30 fills the normal lens spot. It's the short end that is the challenge. I suppose its time to try the Sigma 19.
If you get a chance, try the C3. The difference (7 and C3 with M lenses) is HUGE. I even put up with the shot gun shutter in the C3 along with the lack of EVF.

alphaman

JimBuchanan: the Sigma 19mm is a lovely little lens and cheap too. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised and find it more than acceptable.