The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New micro 4/3 lenses on NEX?

Rawfa

I've been wondering if anyone ever tried one of these lenses on a NEX camera:

- SLR Magic 12mm f1.6
- Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95

I've seen some micro 4/3 to e-mount adapters on ebay but I've never payed any attention to them since all dedicated micro 4/3 don't have a focus ring or iris ring. But this is not the case with these 2 lenses.

Rawfa

Mazor, this was very helpful. For my personal type of photography the results of adapting these lenses wouldn´t work out. It´s this type of lens that keeps making me want to go back to micro 4/3...but then I look at the IQ I get with that marvelous NEX sensor and my head goes into a continuous loop. :)

mazor

hot, any focus to infinite with that mft lens?

Also there is now a new samyang 8mm designed for emount nex which will just as small as mft version

mazor

advantage of the samyang 8mm for nex or the samyang 8mm that fits all cameras is that you don't have to remove the hood to stop vignetting

hot

Yes, Samyang 8mm/3.5 is a very good lens, size doesn't matter.
My 8mm has Canon mount - with adapters also for m4/3, NEX, NX