The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-6 on Photokina

Rawfa

I know this is a rumor website, but I´ve been reading it for years and it´s right 95% of the time (the guy has good sources):

I looks like Sony will release a camera between the NEX5N and the NEX7 on the next Photokina (next month). It is supposed to have a viewfinder.
Now it´s dreaming time wish list time: 24mp, in body IS (very difficult), higher bitrate on video mode, mic input with audio controls, heat problem under control. And then the usual even better high iso, AF, etc.

(SR5) The NEX-6 is coming! The “mini-NEX-7″ :) | sonyalpharumors

thrice

I think we'll see:
16mp
no IBIS (unlikely on any NEX)
only two 'navi' dials not three
unlikely to have any additional inputs NEX-7 lacks
EVF like NEX-7
phase detect AF on sensor
firmware supports 'apps' for features like intervalometer and better bracketing.

pophoto

I cannot see any reason for an in between model, if by NEX standards, the 5n was good and the 7 being very good, I would only hope for a 9! Especially when the NEX goes by odd numbers and not even numbers as well.

hot

where are the lenses?
NEX-5R: 180 degree flip screen (like the NEX-F3) and 16 Megapixel sensor and Wi Fi support

NEX-6: Built in Electronic viewfinder (lower resolution compared to the NEX-7 viewfinder).
Wi Fi support and price between NEX-7 and NEX-5R.

The cameras will be announced in September right before the Photokina show. There will be also
three new NEX lenses, a 16-50mm pancake, a 11-18mm pancake and a fast prime lens.