The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 with old lenses

camping

Hakkalo

Great variety of photos and old lenses...

You might want to describe your approach. Do you use one lens for a day to fine a creative moment or do you carry a selection of lenses and mount them as needed?

Also do you have the C mount lenses mounted on their individual adapters with some shimmies for infinity focus, for each one, or do you screw on the individual lenses to the adapter? This would also apply to the M42's?

Thanks and keep up the exotica work.

Paul

hakkalo

Hakkalo

Great variety of photos and old lenses...

You might want to describe your approach. Do you use one lens for a day to fine a creative moment or do you carry a selection of lenses and mount them as needed?

Also do you have the C mount lenses mounted on their individual adapters with some shimmies for infinity focus, for each one, or do you screw on the individual lenses to the adapter? This would also apply to the M42's?

Thanks and keep up the exotica work.

Paul
Well, usually I take one or two lenses for a day,if I used more than two lenses sometimes after a while I couldn't remember which lenses I'd been used.
Most of my lenses were modified into M42 mount. I use various adapters.Sometimes I used two adapterstogether.For example if I use LTM lens ,there will be L39--M4/3 and M 4/3 --Nex.
Most of C Mount lenses have black corners if its focal length under 75mm.Even some 75mm or above do has black corners too cos the rear lens part near the mount.(Also called rear lens shade)

This image I used an old brass lens for large format (more 100years old)

Erekka R.R. H. Nicholls F8

camping

Hi Hakkalo

Thanks your method of enjoying a wide selection of old classic lenses.

In my case I have centered around c mount to first m43 and now c mount to nex 7 adapters. With each favorite lens having its own mount where it is shimmied to get the right location for infinity focus. I do not have historic wonders that you have but the Kern Switars, angenieux, and meyer, and some Arriflex mount lenses.

Your weekly postings with their impressionist images are inspiring.
Paul

hakkalo

Hi Hakkalo

Thanks your method of enjoying a wide selection of old classic lenses.

In my case I have centered around c mount to first m43 and now c mount to nex 7 adapters. With each favorite lens having its own mount where it is shimmied to get the right location for infinity focus. I do not have historic wonders that you have but the Kern Switars, angenieux, and meyer, and some Arriflex mount lenses.

Your weekly postings with their impressionist images are inspiring.
Paul
Thanks