The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 with old lenses

tbhv55

Yes,its entirely from the lens without PP:)Achro or Achromatic is soft focus lens construction.
Interesting... and would you say that this effect is exaggerated, in any way, by using the lens on modern equipment, or would it have looked the same on contemporary equipment?

hakkalo

Interesting... and would you say that this effect is exaggerated, in any way, by using the lens on modern equipment, or would it have looked the same on contemporary equipment?
Old lenses likes old classic cars .
Of course vintage lens is not as good as modern lens, yet its has its own character. Different lens has different taste ,but not everyone's cuppa tea.:shocked:
I enjoy DIY modify old lenses to be used on modern cameras ,make them alive in digital age.:p

Daisy was taken with a huge and heavy projection lens made in England
Gaumont-Kalee 133.5mm f1.9 Bloomed Projection Lens.

tbhv55

Old lenses likes old classic cars .
Of course vintage lens is not as good as modern lens, yet its has its own character. Different lens has different taste ,but not everyone's cuppa tea.:shocked:
I enjoy DIY modify old lenses to be used on modern cameras ,make them alive in digital age.:p
You're certainly getting some good results, and you seem to have an endless supply of vintage lenses!;)

I'm intrigued as to how you've managed to find so many? Did you buy a whole collection of them at once, or do you just accumulate them one-at-a-time?

hakkalo

You're certainly getting some good results, and you seem to have an endless supply of vintage lenses!;)

I'm intrigued as to how you've managed to find so many? Did you buy a whole collection of them at once, or do you just accumulate them one-at-a-time?
I bought all my "junks":salute: from Ebay,charity shops,carboot sales ,local papers etc.,etc,.

Dallmeyer Achro-Doublet 2" F1.9 (very rare English lens)

hakkalo

A moment of contemplation nicely captured, Hakkalo :thumbup:
Many thanks for viewing.
This one was taken with an extremely rare British made camera lens;)
Look at those bokeh !
The lens is Double Gauss 6 elements in 4 group construction.
Ross Xpres,London 2" F1.9