The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEX-7 with old lenses

pegelli

Already posted in the "Fun with" thread, but it really fits better here.
Added another early test shot as well.
I probably need more practicing to get the best out of this lens.

NEX6 + Helios 44-2 58/2, both wide open

pegelli

Not to disparage but I think you already did. This is a cheaper Biotar clone. This is what they do.
Yup, I know. You can't complain if this is what you get for donating 20 UK pounds to a Children's cancer charity :).

I really need to practice to get even more of the famous "swirly bokeh" out of it, but also in a way that it fits the picture. The things we do for our hobby ........ :loco:

V

Vivek

I really need to practice to get even more of the famous "swirly bokeh" out of it, but also in a way that it fits the picture.
You need to shoot at a much lower magnification. Swirly is easy with many lenses (not all are pleasing though).

Old lens (pen F 42/1.2) but no NEX:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Yup, I know. You can't complain if this is what you get for donating 20 UK pounds to a Children's cancer charity :).
Surely, that is not what you got for the donation! :)

simonclivehughes

A few images with an 80's Sigma 400mm f5.6 MF lens I recently obtained from KEH. I am constantly delighted by their rating system, the product always exceeds the description.

View attachment 86472

View attachment 86473

View attachment 86474

View attachment 86475

View attachment 86476

View attachment 86477

I just received another package from KEH: a 1980's Micro Nikkor 200mm f4 MF lens. Now I just need the adapter to arrive and I'm getting back into macro again (not having had a macro lens since my u43 systems).

Years ago, I would never have guessed I would end up with such a versatile digital back... it's a marvel!

pegelli

Surely, that is not what you got for the donation! :)
Why not?

Impressive set up and great results Simon :thumbup:

Another experiment with my old Russian Helios 44-2 58/2. This time with a 20 mm extension tube and at f4.0.

pegelli

NEX6 + Porst super tele 240/4.5 (M42)

Roof detail of the Antwerp courthouse (f5.6)

Jib down (f5.0)

Antwerp City Bikes (f4.5)

pegelli

A few with my Helios 44-2 58/2 lens from 1981
For certain subjects the rendering of this el-cheapo lens is quite nice

1: Flower (@ f2 with a 19 mm extension ring)

2: Chimes (@ f2 at MFD)

3: Statue at the foot of the pulpit in the St Peter church in Turnhout (Belgium) (@ f2.8)

All with the A850 and a chipped M42 adapter (with the wrong focal length and no correct aperture)

pegelli

Yesterday I went to a 2nd hand photographic equipment fair and among others scored a 10 € SMC Takumar 55/2.

Wide open (both the flower and the lens) Hydrangea

A6000 + SMC Takumar 55/2

Other scores were a Tokina 21/3.8 (MD mount) that shows a disappointing performance (mushy corners and sides) for 20€ and a M39 Industar 61 (53/2.8) that has a surprising nice rendering and isn't bad at all for the 10 € I paid for it. I'll show some pictures with that one later.