The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

20,7mm f1.7 :)

Rawfa

I just got the protama 0.6x wide angle adapter for nex. Most people get it to turn their 16mm into a 9,6mm (14,4mm EQV), but I´m going to test it this weekend with the SLR Magic 23mm f1.7 (49mm filter thread), getting a 13,6mm f1.7 (20,7mm).

My first impression of the Protama is that it´s big but it´s very very light. I put it quickly on the 16mm and it could focus perfectly with no stress. With some distortion correction it could be really fun to use.

Anyway, I´ll try to post some tests this weekend.

Rawfa

There is distortion and there is softness:

16mm straight up

16mm + 0.6X Protama

23mm f1.7

23mm f1.7 + 0.6X Protama

Rawfa

23mm 1.7 + Protama wide angle (some heavy distortion)

Practical use in low light...me doing crazy faces in front of the mirror (excellent stuff for my next passport)

Rawfa

Instead of taking the 16mm for location scouting for a music video I will shoot this month, I decided to take the 23mm f1.7 with the 0,6X protama wide angle adapter attached to it. The corner softness is really bad. I can see my self using this lens on a music video that requires some sort of dream look. The softness isn´t as bad when I use it with the 16mm though.