The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG Macro & Sony A65

S

Steve147

Does anyone know if the Sony A65 will strip the gears on this lens? I wish to sell mine and the buyer has an A65.

Despite doing a huge internet search and finding no record of this happening before purchasing, my A550 stripped the gears. I've had the lens repaired, but haven't used it since purchasing the Sony Carl Zeiss 24-70mm F2.8.

I know I can adjust the AF speed on my A77, and the lens works fine on my A100 and A350.

Obviously do not want to sell the lens, only to have it returned broke after a couple of uses.

Any info would be gratefull accepted.

Thanks

redsim74

The only Sigma lens with a real reputation for stripped gears is the 70-300 APO DG macro. I'm really surprised to hear that your A550 stripped the 24-70/2.8.

I'd expect this to be an unfortunate one-off rather than a common issue.