The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX1

V

Vivek

Sorry about the typing mistake! :eek:

Yeah, that was exactly my point as well in the original post you quoted.

M

mjr

Same image quality and handling but with a longer lens, I'd sign up now!

jlm

Workshop Member
re: my RX1 grip:
worked out some details today. there is about 5/8" between the grip and the lens, just about right; any more and the grip overhangs the camera too much.

i also figured in an L-plate version, the L-plate allows opening the USB door while fitted, and the base also allows battery and card access.

grooves for the arcs style tripod clamp on base and L-plate as well as threads for a tripod, lens centered, and index marks also on lens centerlines

re: my RX1 grip:
worked out some details today. there is about 5/8" between the grip and the lens, just about right; any more and the grip overhangs the camera too much.

i also figured in an L-plate version, the L-plate allows opening the USB door while fitted, and the base also allows battery and card access.

grooves for the arcs style tripod clamp on base and L-plate as well as threads for a tripod, lens centered, and index marks also on lens centerlines
So does the grip extend out past the left edge of the camera (when looking at the lens), like the RRS grip does? I like the flatter style of grips that you use Jim. The RRS is a bit bulbous, which I'm sure some prefer.

jlm

Workshop Member
the grip does extend past the camera a bit; but i need the finger clearance to the lens. i think it integrates well, however, and stays slim, which is suitable for what is really a tiny camera

Jonas

All that sounds very much as what the RRS grip does. I guess your grip handle isn't as deep as the RRS? I again wish you had offered your design before they did.

More 'rumornews' has appeared about the RX-1R, which is supposed to be the same camera without an AA filter. If they also upgraded the low-light autofocus, I wouldn't be able to resist.

douglasf13

More 'rumornews' has appeared about the RX-1R, which is supposed to be the same camera without an AA filter. If they also upgraded the low-light autofocus, I wouldn't be able to resist.
I already get moire with the RX1 as it is. I'm not sure how much I'd want no AA with this camera, unless maybe at resulted in less astigmatism at the edges for better performance (the lens is already good at the edges, though.)

John Kraus

They've reduced moire when taking JPEGs. So if shooting JPEGs is your thing, the RX1R might be the thing for you!
Seriously, it's a bit silly. The new version only makes sense for landscapes and other non-moire scenes. The RX1 is a near perfect balance of sharpness and keeping a hold back on moire.