The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hassy 5,000 Euro FF NEX?!

V

Vivek

This has turned out to be the joke of the decade.

An ugly NEX-7 for 5,000 Euros. :wtf:

bcm

Hey bodykits are expensive on cars. Hasselblad have obviously moved into this market :)

Can we get neons for our NEXs from them now as well? Or a spoiler?

V

Vivek

"For us, the plan is to move very quickly over the next months," says Hasselblad's chairman and CEO Larry Hansen. "Our expectation is to show and launch cameras in every sector of the photographic market while offering the best image quality available in each segment, relying on our collaboration with Sony."

He adds: "We want to go back to our customers. Fifteen years ago, 65% of our customers were not professionals photographers. Today almost 100% are professionals. My goal is to make Hasselblad cameras accessible to all serious customers."

Read more: Photokina 2012: Hasselblad to launch mirrorless compact camera and full-frame digital SLR [Update] - British Journal of Photography
Apparently (and sadly), no.

emr

Pimp my NEX! I bet some people will buy that as well. After all, it's expensive enough to stand out as exclusive.

picman

Also, you do not always hold your camera in the same way, so this heavily pre-modelled grip is going to be more of a nuisance than anything else.

hot

A camera is for making pictures, not to make competition with Gucci and Tiffany.
For such silly things I can buy a Leica.

It seems, Hasselblad is in the final stages, most of it is produced in Japan, the houses in Goeteborg are sold, people fired, - apparently the business is so bad that they have to do such things out of desperation.

2003 Hasselblad was bought by Hongkong Shriro Group, 2011 by Ventizz. Now much ist produzed by Fuji.

30. Juni 2011 - Ventizz Capital Fund übernimmt schwedischen High End-Kamerahersteller Hasselblad

Last edited:

D&A

I haven't looked (maybe out of fear of going blind :)) but has anyone seen a picture or prototype of the upcoming DSLR they annouced (35mm DSLR presume)? Just curious of how they are going to implement it and what the spcs might possibly be? A rebadged Sony?

Dave (D&A)

Jim DE

I look at Hassy's jump into mirror less as a statement to where they may see the future in digital photography heading. It definitely will be a good thing for NEX users as their version is supposed to use the Sony "E" mount meaning we may have more interesting options soon available in high end glass.