The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3D with NEX7 - part 3

simonclivehughes

Hot,

What do you find is the best way to view these? I can do the cross-eyed trick, but it gets tiring after a bit! Are there cheap glasses/viewers of some type you can recommend?

Cheers,

hot

Best is to use a cheap passive 1920x1080 monitor (f.e. LG) - you get perfect 3D pictures using $1 pol glasses.

Of course you can use also active 3D monitor/tv. With StereoPhotoMaker you can convert these pictures to ANY 3D format.

I never use anaglyph or crossed eyes. More then 80% of my photos are 3D, why I should ruin my eyes?

mbroomfield

You're not going cross eye'd.. quite the opposite... our eyes are all slightly crossed naturally and the trick is make them go parallel so that the left eye sees the left iimage directly and the right eye the right image. The brain then merges the 2.

I don't find it in least bit tiring but the photos are too big as posed. Try shrinking your screen to 40% or so and it may be much easier.

Nice photos Hot!

simonclivehughes

...the trick is make them go parallel so that the left eye sees the left iimage directly and the right eye the right image. The brain then merges the 2.
Never been able to manage that. :confused:
I was never able to see those weird pictures that need this technique either. Wish I could.

Cheers,

hot

You also can use a viewer similar to the OWL viewer

NEX7 + Tamron 18-200

Last edited: