The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Siena's streets & people (with a Nex-7 real world review)

vieri

Last July I was in Siena for a few days, and while I brought my Nikon gear for the work I was doing there, I also had my Nex-7 with 3 primes as a walk-around kit; I just posted the full story and a review of both camera & lenses on my blog for those interested. A few teasers here:

Housekeeping in the Duomo

Water supply

Siblings

Back to the Sixties!

Running nun

Again, the full story and a review of both camera & lenses are on my blog for those interested. Thank you very much for viewing!

Best,

Vieri

Dan Ortego

Ciao Vieri,

Nice photos and great write-up in your blog! I love Siena and I'm returning fairly soon. Unfortunately, when I was there last year it rained and I wasn’t able to shoot much of anything. I ended up leaving my cam' in the car and I was lazy. It was simply too much to walk back down, and then back up that super-steep street! The church in the Square is magnificent with all those beautiful colors of marble and intricate stone carving’s.

I liked the area so well that I looked at some flats to rent and seriously considered to move and live there! However, it didn't take long for me to realize it's one of the most expensive places in Italy. I found only one little grocery store where the prices were about five times higher than stores in Verona where I generally stay. Since I go to Italy 2-3 times each year I do have some experience with the culture, environment and language.

When I return I will take my A900 with ZA 135/f1,8 and hopefully the new RX1 with its hard mounted 35/f2 provided it arrives in time. Using a full size camera body isn't very practical on the street so I suspect the RX1 would be an outstanding option.

By the way my favorite pics from your set include: ‘Siblings’ and ‘Back to the Sixties’ posted here, and the ‘Old water pump’ and 'Porcelain Temptress’ posted in your blog.

Warm regards,
Dan

Last edited: