The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hehe, Xmas wishes - NEX7 upgrade from today

philber

Another piece of evidence that the FW upgrade has made things "better" for WA angle performance. I attach a shot with ZM 18 on NEX 7. It is SOOC except it is ConrnerFixed with my ZM 18 profile, and you can see that correction is now excessive, with lightening up of the sky on both sides of the shot. That it should get lighter on the left is normal, because that is where the sun came from, but that precludes what happens on the right from being normal.
So I/we need to redo our CornerFix profiles. Except that some lenses that were marginal without CornerFix may now become enteirely problem-free, such as my ZM 35 f:2.0[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26674854@N02/8118084963/] _DSC9652-1_CF-1 par philippeberend, sur Flickr[/URL]

Taylor Sherman

Wonderful pictures! I love the colors, especial red & green! Real autumn colors! Phantastic! Share more!
I find your condescension insulting and feel it has no place at the GetDPI forums.

If you don't find my posts useful please just ignore them.

Taylor Sherman

Another piece of evidence that the FW upgrade has made things "better" for WA angle performance. I attach a shot with ZM 18 on NEX 7. It is SOOC except it is ConrnerFixed with my ZM 18 profile, and you can see that correction is now excessive, with lightening up of the sky on both sides of the shot. That it should get lighter on the left is normal, because that is where the sun came from, but that precludes what happens on the right from being normal.
So I/we need to redo our CornerFix profiles. Except that some lenses that were marginal without CornerFix may now become enteirely problem-free, such as my ZM 35 f:2.0
Interesting, thanks for posting this. I didn't see any issues with my existing profiles and the Elmarit-M 28 or 21 SEM, but I will look a little closer. . .

L

legalBum

If you don't find my posts useful please just ignore them
You are correct, and that is what many forum members will do. Ignore you. Your rudeness is boring, and your feeble attempt to be humorous is sad. The injection of your crass comments in an otherwise intelligent post ruins the enjoyment of the forum by other members. Having different opinions and the exchange of knowledge is an important role of a forum. It is part of the experience that makes it enjoyable for many. Your at times unnecessary rudeness distracts from what the forum should be, a friendly sharing of what is a passion for many of us, photography. I will take your advice, and ignore your posts.

hot

Would you be soooo kind and be more ONTOPIC?
5th postings ... no sense :-(

Remember: topic is NEX7 UPGRADE!

But pleaaaaase: noooo squared white walls.

Taylor Sherman

I used the 16/2.8 today with the Nex-7, and found that I can't even notice any magenta corners in the results anymore - both JPG and RAW. I used it to take some HDRs and regular shots. It was definitely noticeable before the firmware update. So, not sure if the new firmware just works better with "real" pictures or what, but I'll take it.

Here's an HDR, also using the ultra-wide adapter.

Giant by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr