The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

V

Vivek

Another capture using the C-V 15/4.5. I hope I did not mess it up in the post. Under our cloudy skies, it is a big challenge for any camera/lens combo. On the right hand side is the Dutch Parliament.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, C-V 15 f/4.5

V

Vivek

Using one of my favorite lenses- Fujinon 50/1.2 (mixed lighting) @ f/1.2.

santiclaws

Vivek,

Do you have any Sony flashes? I am curious to know if the onboard flash will trigger sony flashes. I am keen on 6 to use it as my general camera.

Cheers,

N
I have the same question and as far as I have been able to figure out, the onboard flash will NOT work as a wireless controller on either the 6 or the 7. You would need to use the HVL-20AM as the trigger. I'd love to get a definitive answer, though.

V

Vivek

A random snap (normally I do not make or display such images but I do it for the forum folks) with Sigma DN 30/2.8.

NEX-6, Sigma DN30/2.8, ISO100, f/4.5, jpg out the camera

Go to the flickr link to see the original size.

philber

Vivek, you own and shoot this camera, so obviously you know more, but I would like you to comment on what I think I am seeing. Your NEX 6 seems to be discriminating very clearly between the various lenses you have mounted on it, which is to the good. While I loved my 5N, I don't remember it doing this to that extent. Am I imagning things, or are you and/or others seeing the same?

V

Vivek

Hi Philber,

Difficult to answer that question as the handling of the two cams are very different. Also, I only have Sony's RAW converter as of today. I expect my LR update tomorrow.

Here is a snap with 1930s Elmar which (the photo) reminds me of Elmar characteristics. The big chill is on already and it is very cloudy.

NEX-6, Leitz Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5, f/3.5, ISO100, 1/60s

V

Vivek

Lovely photo Vivek. I was shooting the 5N with a DR Summicron yesterday.... I may have to try this Elmar...
Thanks, Mike. :)

It works well with the leveling indicator in the NEX-6. Also, the DR Summicron balances much better on the NEX-6 than the NEX-5N.

V

Vivek

What kind of adapter did you use to mount the Panasonic 20/1.7? I didn't know this would work.
One of the ones available on eBay. You need a m4/3rd body to set the aperture and the focus. Transfer the lens to the adapter and shoot with it on a NEX-6. Here, it becomes a fixed aperture/fixed focus lens. Panasonic 20/1.7 is way too sharp for the NEX-6.

jsnack

One of the ones available on eBay. You need a m4/3rd body to set the aperture and the focus. Transfer the lens to the adapter and shoot with it on a NEX-6. Here, it becomes a fixed aperture/fixed focus lens. Panasonic 20/1.7 is way too sharp for the NEX-6.
I wonder how the Panasonic 14/2.5 would work. That would give you a tiny 21mm wide angle on the NEX.

V

Vivek

All of them. Simply because I can use all the lenses (native/adapted).

I only sold or rather traded the 5 for an iPad. I am keeping the iPad. :)

The C3 does UV/Vis/IR for me.

The 5N and a few compact manual focus lenses are still for street.

The 7 with flashes (I bought a Phottix stratos set. So, it is still useful.).

The 6 is under evaluation. Might be useful for a few things for me, it looks like it.

V

Vivek

Macro got a boost with the addition of these little power houses. :)

NEX-6, Olympus pen F Macro 38/3.5, f/5.6, 0.5X

Unlike the native lenses (all with IF), an unit focusing lens like the pen F macro shows no (uncorrectable to be exact) CA.