The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

Ron Pfister

We had quite a bit of snow around here lately, followed by freezing rain last night. Today, everything is glazed with ice, resulting in unusual and interesting subjects. Here an example:

Ron Pfister

Ron - nice - like the soft orange against the steely gray background and twigs
Many thanks, Shac! The color in the image is my interpretation, but the berries are pretty close to what they looked like in reality. I zeroed the saturation of all channels except red, orange and yellow to remove blue and green tones in the background that were distracting to my eyes.

Taylor Sherman

Leigh - just for fun / experimentation.

Vivek - this park in Seattle is on the grounds of an old gasworks. They took some of the machinery and cleaned it up and painted it nice colors, and it's under this little pavilion. There are some picnic areas inside there too.

Yesterday, aside from a few tourists (and at least two portrait shoots going on nearby), most of the people in the pavilion were either homeless, or participating in a parkour class :)

mazor

Taylor Sherman, wow a 9 stop ND filter. Impressive. Guess it would be nice to use to get motion blur in moving cars, or animals, eh

Taylor Sherman

Yeah, that was the idea. Also, in public places where there's lots of people milling about, the people can pretty much disappear!

I tried to use it inside the pavilion, and a 30-second exposure was still not enough. Also, framing and focusing was not really possible using live view :)