The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the NEX-6

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
kuujinbo, thanks, but that does not help, because it is a set of instructions for uploading files from one's computer (I run a forum that uses the same interface).

The image tag on this forum (the mountain icon above) is meant to do what I wanted; explicitly, to pull the image off DropBox by inserting its unique URL. If I upload any image files to my own server, the getDPI image tag works as intended. From a technical point of view, I can't see why the same tag can't pull a DB file into this forum. I will ask Jack to advise. Cheers and thanks, KL

kuujinbo

kuujinbo, thanks, but that does not help, because it is a set of instructions for uploading files from one's computer (I run a forum that uses the same interface).

The image tag on this forum (the mountain icon above) is meant to do what I wanted; explicitly, to pull the image off DropBox by inserting its unique URL. If I upload any image files to my own server, the getDPI image tag works as intended. From a technical point of view, I can't see why the same tag can't pull a DB file into this forum. I will ask Jack to advise. Cheers and thanks, KL
You got me interested. :) Created a dropbox account and installed. PITA, but you need to replace "www.dropbox.com" with "dl.dropboxusercontent.com" in the shared image link. This works for me. ;)

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
kuujimbo; that string you refer to (and thanks for doing all this!) does not appear in any of my ex-DropBox URLs... interesting. Let's see (and I will use a relevant image); I modified the lens removal tab on the Hawk's adapter to make it more comfortable—here it is pre-surgery:

OK: just figured it out—I needed to move my "camera uploads" folder to the Public Folder in Dropbox; now it works as expected. Back to the story... :)

This is the setup pre-surgery:

This is the patient still taped up, but in recovery:

And here is the WAY more comfortable adapter on the camera; the changes might not look like much, but make a world of difference in handling:

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
And an image from today's walk; the kangaroo populations are high after fours years of good water and grass (and these guys are BIG):

And a view South:

Both are taken with the delightful Color Skopar 35/2.5, at ƒ5.6

@ kuujimbo: the mistake on my part was that anything a user wants to share publicly (in contrast to another person, one-to-one) has to be in the DropBox public folder. Thanks for making me look more closely at this.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Grrrr. Does anyone have a link to a reliable supplier of a tilt adapter (OM–NEX)?

After waiting almost two months, I had a supplier renege on a purchase; no reason, just a refund. TIA, KL

magosak

Here is one I took this morning to test my Nikon 105 Macro VR on NEX 6. JPG straight OOC. 1/100 ~f8 ISO100. Needless to say, I am very pleased. (Link to original size)

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
David,

I used a Dremel to round off the sharp edges, and reduce its length (amount of protrusion into the grip's space) by about 2mm—makes all the difference; before I shaped it, I was getting a red mark on my middle finger, quite uncomfortable. Perfect comfort now.

If anyone's interested, I have some images from the OM 50/3.5 macro on the tilt adapter on my blog; this first one shows tilt and reverse tilt images, and a brief, non-technical description:

Scheimpflug effect, with images: Olympus OM 50/3.5 lens, tilt adapter | kitlaughlin

I have another one coming tomorrow. I have taken many images while in this beautiful city, and I wish I could post them here, but I can't afford the bandwidth while on the road, so am linking to the blog—hope this is OK.

I have been on a 90-day blog challenge, so the bandwidth while travelling (using the iPhone hot spot) has taken priority over uploading to my own site, the usual method I use for here.

Shac

Thanks Kit - No I see exactly what I missed the first time. I have the older version of the Hawk's adapter but am thinking of the newer one as well so this is very useful
Thanks also for the info on the tilt adapter - I've been looking at those as well. They look good from the link
David

scho

Summer afternoon at the lake. NEX6 with Contax G 21mm f/2.8 Biogon.

Weathered boathouse window. NEX6 with Contax G 21mm f/2.8 Biogon.

I was able to mount this lens w/o clipping the rear element fins by first mounting the adapter to camera and then attaching lens to adapter.

Last edited:

pegelli

Even though I love MF lenses on my NEX (I basically consider it a "digital back" for old lenses) I took only native E-mount AF lenses with me on vacation this year. It was a total family affair and photography shouldn't come in the way of that.

Here's some results with the E55-210. These puffins were in the wild on Cape Dyrhólaey in Iceland, but not very afraid of people so we could approach them quite close. As you can imagine I was quite happy with the results:

scho

A large, pink hibiscus blossom that someone dropped into the arboretum lily pond. NEX6 with Sigma 30mm f/2.8.

V

Vivek

This one FF proof. Just dismounted from a Nikon mount and housed it in a new E mount. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-6, Apo Rodagon-D 75/4.5, f/8, ~1/2X

scho

Wily old bucks are moving back into town for the duration of the hunting season, along with some female companions of course.