The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

6x6

Here are some of my demo images with the camera. Was in NY and had just brought the camera. A fantastic walk around, great file size, I can push the images in post and the lens gives a great look to the image. Great little camera. Makes me yearn after my old Contax G2. In fact it has the same feel to me.

Joe, I am really liking your photos please keep them coming. Of the last set, I like the couple in the bunker and the shot from on top of the bunker with the 3 people and two islands the best. I am very envious of your location and weather.

6x6, I love the NYC photos. The selective focus works well (e.g., older gentleman in far background of first photo). Did you use manual focus to select the focal point? I also really like the last image as well. Your PP style is very different than my own and it is great to see different styles. It makes me think, which is a good thing.

Joe, I am really liking your photos please keep them coming. Of the last set, I like the couple in the bunker and the shot from on top of the bunker with the 3 people and two islands the best. I am very envious of your location and weather.
Thanks Mark. I also enjoy the two photos you like. Quite a bit of detail in the couple image including some nice reflections in their glasses. Plus the graffiti colors just pop even though it was quite dark inside. As much as I enjoy living in Hawaii, I equally enjoy visiting New York and elsewhere for a completely different feel and look. More photos soon perhaps. Happy holidays.

barjohn

Joe,

That 7th shot almost gives me vertigo as I feel like I am going to fall off the side of the mountain.

6x6

Hosermage, I deliberately mute the colour in a lot of my work. I like the look. However ny was very overcast when I was there.

Mark, the image of the man taking in he sun was using auto focus. I just worked very quickly. Zone focussing may have been the better option, but I didn't have any time to think.

Shashin

Moonlight dog walk. ISO 25,600, f/2, 0.4 sec., 35mm lens, handheld. AF hunted a bit.

Last edited:

Howard

Joe,

I know you take great photos, I view them and think "WOW". You also have great cameras. How do you decide which the great camera you that you take on a photo shoot?

I

icaro2005

Great, great pictures posted here, congrats.
Just received mine and I am super happy...it is the quiet compact I was waiting for, for the ski, the bike and on the walk with the dogs ;-)
We had one day with blue sky...so I did a few pictures if you want to see them a bit large, they are on my server there:
http://www.vole.ch/trans/1essairx1.zip
If you see something unusual, let me know, I learn ;-)
Good pictures to all.
Thanks.
Pat

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
A few family snaps from Christmas Eve...

1/60 @ f2.0 ISO 640

1/80 @ f2.0 ISO 1000

1/80 @ f2.0 ISO 640

1/80 @ f2.0 ISO 400

Mike, the variety in your Christmas Eve photos show the versatility of this little camera when coupled with a photographer with a good eye. Well done.

Joe,

I know you take great photos, I view them and think "WOW". You also have great cameras. How do you decide which the great camera you that you take on a photo shoot?
Very nice of you - thanks. Which camera depends on the shoot. D800 is all around, D3s for low light action shots, H4d-40 for studio and daylight, Rx100 for fun and still evaluating the Rx1.

Last edited:
Went to a Christmas brunch and saw this Pink Cadillac in the parking lot.
Fortunately, I had the Sony Rx1 with me.
A few photos.

Last edited: