The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sorry Mark to run this thread so OT...

The pictures are marvelous and I need to look a bit closer at the camera....

Bob
OK Guys you need to cut this out....ever time I think I have my cameras sorted a thread like this starts.

So looking at your stuff I thought .... looks good, then I thought ... looks real good.

NO having worked with the camera for a week or so I have to say this combination of lens and sensor is a monster...there is nothing that it cannot resolve or capture in an engaging way. Seems like the more high frequency details in a landscape...the happier it is to reveal them.

So what follows are a few pictures as I work at resolving the workflow...but what a wonderful UI...very intuitive. First camera I have had in the small sense other than an M that makes one want to shoot in M mode.

Sony RX-1

Small Lake Winter

Trees Near Shore

Fence Line

Bob

docmoore

As above....

Sony RX-1

Hoop On Oak

Tree Shedding Bark

Trees and Distant Barn

Fence in Disrepair

Bob

Yatlee, your photos of Huang Shan are excellent. They are an impressive demonstration of what this little camera can do in capable hands.

OK Guys you need to cut this out....ever time I think I have my cameras sorted a thread like this starts.

So looking at your stuff I thought .... looks good, then I thought ... looks real good.

NO having worked with the camera for a week or so I have to say this combination of lens and sensor is a monster...there is nothing that it cannot resolve or capture in an engaging way. Seems like the more high frequency details in a landscape...the happier it is to reveal them.

So what follows are a few pictures as I work at resolving the workflow...but what a wonderful UI...very intuitive. First camera I have had in the small sense other than an M that makes one want to shoot in M mode.

Bob
You are a sly one Bob. You gave us a hint you may get an RX1. Congratulations. I am glad to know you seem to be as happy with the camera as I am.

I think I recognize the lake/pond in some of your photos. I love the details in the photos and the colors look very natural.

docmoore

Mark and Joe,

Thanks for the kind comments.

And all the LIKES...thank you too.

So here are a few from closer to home.....

Sony RX-1

Bird House 1

Bird House 2

Texas Spring

Cross Vine Winter

Quiet Place

Bob

docmoore

Dynamic Range on this camera is impressive....

Sony RX-1

Decoy 1

Winter Gear

Walk or Ride

Wagon Wheel

Wagon du Paris

Bob

docmoore

Did I mention color?

Feels like I am cheating here.....

Sony RX-1

Train Rust Yellow Box

Train Rust Cables

Train Rust Links 1

Train Rust Curve in Orange 1

Train Rust Flexo

Bob

docmoore

Color II

This is all for a while....

Sony RX-1

Train Rust 2 UP

Train Rust 3 UP

Train Rust Red and Blue

Bob

D&A

Yatlee, your images were stunning, espcially the 1st one. I'd love to see that printed big, especially one done in such a way that sort of emulates a watercolor painting or maybe printed on fine art textured paper. Love it!

As for this thread which I am reading in it's entirety for the 1st time...all your guys (and gal's) are going to cost me a small fortune if I keep looking at these great images and output from a gem of a camera...which of course will tempt me to purchase? Did I hear Getdpi has an emergency fund for just such an occasion? LOL!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Yat, atmosphere is great! Not sure if I'd like that 3rd image better with or without the gentleman and his camera. I tend to try to circumvent photographing people in similar types of images (of course it all depends on the image), but then again I often miss including a compelling element in such an image.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

mdwsta4

I love the lens and image quality, but the handling leaves much to be desired for me. Still giving it time, but I'll most likely be returning the RX1

Matt, handling and ergonomics are a very personal thing. Either you can get used to the camera or you can't. It is way too expensive to not enjoy using no matter how good the image quality is.