The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Shashin and Steve, these are wonderful images.
Does seem the Rx1 is handling tough lighting conditions well.

Yes, I do recall seeing the unable to read memory card message ever so briefly in the past with many cameras.
But only once was I completely unable to read an SD card and that was with a Leica M Monochrom - now with the Rx1.

Shashin

Some more "street" photography from Maine.

And a tall tail...

(and it is getting down into the single digits tonight.)

Last edited:

Jay Emm

Love the second fish shot!

Also FYI, the screen protector for the Sony RX100 fits the RX1. It's a semi-hard film that adheres to the LCD and provides a degree of protection to the surface area.

Vlad

So I was looking for a half case for the RX1 and stumbled across the Korean "Gariz" offerings on eBay.

Ordered the case yesterday, it arrived TODAY from Seoul via Fedex Intl prio (for an extra $20 shipping). I can't even get in-state shipping that fast without paying an arm and a leg for it.

The quality is exquisit! The leather feels and smells luxurious, the stitching is meticulously aligned and precise. The thick, shiny bottom plate is precisely cut and adds just the right amount of height to the camera to allow for a better grip. It's not cheap, but well worth the money to protect the pricey camera.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I could not get friend with my Garitz for the OMD - too thick and bulky and leather is actually plastic ....

Went to body paint show last night.
Let the Rx1 do it's thing.
Set shutter speed at about 1/125 or so, aperture wide open and iso to auto.
Tweaked by using the compensation dial.
Here are a few shots.

Brian Mosley

Awesome set Joe, the lighting and subject really show the lens for what it is... Very special.

Great photography! Thanks for sharing

Brian

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Shashin - that is a great sunset shot. Is that an in-camera pano? or just a crop of a single shot?