The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

kuujinbo

Retow, this is stunning work!!!

Helena, wow, amazing captures, color, and compositions!!!

Keith, great captures...espec love the last portrait...
Thanks Ashwin. :)

Did your EVF arrive yet? Interested in hearing your opinion about how it fits in with your shooting style compared to your other gear.

kuujinbo

Great work everyone.
Beautiful photos Helena.
Great timing on your shots Ashwin.
Retow - very cool camel shots.
Nice shooting Kuujinbo.
Thanks Joe. Still on the road, or back home? Your shots of the sand dunes are awesome, especially the way you captured the light. Have to admit I'm a bit intimidated posting here - so many great sets by everyone.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Helena - those are stunning photos. Welcome to the thread - I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Helena

Wow! There has been some really great photos posted in this thread the last few days. The variety and quality of photos is testament to the photographers' talents and the camera's capabilities. Kudos to everyone. Quite impressive photos.

neilvan

I just thought I would put this out here to the RX1 'community'.

I was in contact with Jim Weise at Really Right Stuff today regarding an L-plate for the RX1 and he told me that they would like to make one but they need to borrow an RX1 from a California resident.

I offered to spread the word and he said "Have them give us a call or email Really Right Stuff - and we’ll put them in touch with the engineers to coordinate that".

He said if anyone able to do it would get a free L-plate but I would suggest you confirm that to be sure. (I have heard that they have done this in the past so I don't doubt what he said).

PS - I just bought the camera today myself, loving it so far, can't wait to get out and use it tomorrow.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Wow! There has been some really great photos posted in this thread the last few days. The variety and quality of photos is testament to the photographers' talents and the camera's capabilities. Kudos to everyone. Quite impressive photos.
Well said, Mark. Great work to all.

Keith, I did get the EVF via Sony this past week. It makes the camera far more enjoyable to me for composition!

kuujinbo

Well said, Mark. Great work to all.

Keith, I did get the EVF via Sony this past week. It makes the camera far more enjoyable to me for composition!
Sorry, should have been a bit more clear. Know you've owned both the X-Pro 1 and also the X-E1, and am interested in what you think about how it compares to those cameras - brightness / lag / viewing size / any other positives/negatives.

And congrats on your photo from this weekend. :)

Jay Emm

...I was in contact with Jim Weise at Really Right Stuff today regarding an L-plate for the RX1 and he told me that they would like to make one but they need to borrow an RX1 from a California resident...
Ditto, he said same to me. While I don't live in CA, I told him it might take a while for someone to part company with this remarkable camera :)

peterb

Thank you very much Mike and Joe! Since you ask, here are some more. Now I have caught up, I think. :)

Round pine tree by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Frost on Jonsvatnet lake by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jonsvatnet lake by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Shadows by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Frozen waterfall by Helena Normark, on Flickr

View towards river Gaula and the Trondheim fjord by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Mist by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Street lamp posts by Helena Normark, on Flickr
Stunning! (Particularly your FIRST set which I did not copy here.)

Stunning photos Helena. It appears you live in a fairy tale land.
Cool photos John, I really enjoy that first silhouette.
More fun images from you Shashin.
Back in Hawaii kuujinbo. Look forward to more fun photos from you.
Still debating on the EVF Ashwin. Sounds like it works well for you.
Neil, I needed an L-plate and picked up a small universal one for my Death Valley trip. However, I would love to see the RRS plate when it is released.

Last edited:

pophoto

I did email Carla at RRS that I am willing to part with my RX1, but so far no response, perhaps they already have someone in mind!

Helena

Thank you Peter and Joe! It's difficult to take bad photos in Norway. :) We moved here from Sweden in 2004 and are really happy (not just because of the landscape).

John, great mood in the first two!

M

mjr

Afternoon all

Well after countless returns to this thread plus reading every review written, I've today handed over the cash and purchased an RX1. I have high hopes of it being just what I need for the type of travel I do and hopefully it will replace the GF1 nicely.

I have quite specific requirements as I spend a lot of time in dodgy places like Afghanistan and Iraq, I'd love to take my Alpa and Phase back but it just isn't practical to stop a convoy of armoured vehicles so I can set up the tripod! I used to carry a cheaper Canon kit, a 50D at the time but it often caused more harm than good and drew a lot of unnecessary attention. More recently, I've loved the handling of the GF1 and in general love the images I can grab as it is very discreet, the higher ISO performance leaves a lot to be desired though and I feel some of the views I see deserve to be captured in better quality.

So, as a very discreet, high quality camera which won't draw a lot of attention I'm really hoping it will be a winner.

Thanks to all who have posted their opinions and images, I think the measure of a good camera is that it makes you want to take images, I hope this turns out to be a great camera!

Mat