The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Shashin

This was the first time I had time with the RX-1. I went to Brunswick this morning and had a couple of hours to myself.

Stitched pano. The yellow building is the Sea Dog Brewing Company--beer, it is not just for breakfast!

River ice.

No flying fish here...

Anniversary Park

Room for rent

Red brick

El Camino.

River Ice

Puddle Ice

Tree Ice

DANGER!

Blizzard Treats

Last edited:

Shashin

Thank you. I doubt any of these files would break a sweat at 11x17. I am hoping to make a 36"x54" test print soon and I think they are going to be very nice at that size.

Two more photos from Death Valley.
The first is Mr. Wile E. Coyote who was trekking along the highway and kindly posed for this shot. Posted elsewhere but not at GetDPI.
The second is a girl from a French tour group who asked I take a photo with her camera. I then asked to take a photo with my point and shoot Rx1 and she obliged. My policy is to never pass up a photo op of a pretty French girl.
Enjoy.

Shashin

Well, the storm moved out last night. My garden this morning:

Coming home from work, I saw the moon rise over a local lake.

Justinl

The Photo's in this thread are stunning. I'm off for my first proper outing to the London Aquarium this morning, planning on pumping up the ISO should be challenging. Will post some pictures (if I manage to get any decent ones)

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Darrellc-

Love the rendering of the "playing with shades", that lens is nice!

Joe, nice shot of the coyote, are there any LR profiles for distortion?

I need a walkaround camera, and my thoughts were leaning towards a Leica MM, but the rx1 is tempting, (and with color) albeit, thanks to Ashwin's amazing photos!.

Beautiful photography Ashwin. Your talent is reflected in these images.
Yes Johnny there are LR profiles for distortion, but I used Aperture for the coyote shot.
Here's another from Death Valley - the salt hexagons 282 feet below sea level.
Enjoy.

f/8 1/160 iso100.