The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

M

mjr

Afternoon

Had a bad sand storm over here for a few days, rubbish for photography!

Anyway, today i managed to grab this quick shot, the guy who delivers water in the most knackered truck you've ever seen, this really isn't a great shot but what I'm loving is how the RX1 renders the oof areas, it's seriously good to my eye.

Anyway, here you go..

Mat

Hausen

Got my Rx-1 yesterday and will get EVF this friday hopefully. Looking forward to contributing to this thread.

racefan

sunrise from my deck, 4.10.13 . No post work, just my standard Aperture import preset.
Very nice John!
I'm new to the RX1 and always looking for improvement. I'm curious about what Raw Fine Tuning adjustments you've made to the Apple Camera Default import preset? Thanks.

philip_pj

Anyone interested in reading more about the RX1 there are good articles by Steve Huff and Tim Ashley, both very informative.

I also enjoyed this article about the Leica 35/1.4 FLE by Tim, in which he uses the RX1 as a comparison lens for a few images - very interesting outcomes, maybe not one that users of the FLE would much enjoy.

Tim Ashley Photography | Leica M 240 with 35mm F1.4 FLE - some observations

barjohn, I caught something similar and had the same response:

Femen Stages a 'Topless Jihad' - In Focus - The Atlantic

mat, I think the RX1 has drop dead gorgeous bokeh and focus fade character. And much more besides. great shot of the happy water truck guy.

Justinl

Hi all, a few pics from the Harry Potter Studio set, will post more when I get a chance. One thing I learned trying to take pictures whilst being dragged around by my family is I must get a viewfinder, with the lighting conditions and how busy it was impossible to frame shots and judge focus properly.

R

rmaestas

Some shots with my Sony RX1. Sure it has a few issues but overall the camera is easy to carry and a joy to use. The image quality is outstanding! Personally it was worth every penny and probably the best purchase I have ever made in camera gear. Now I understand the saying "you get what you pay for!" Love my Sony RX1

Attachments

John Kraus

OK, the JB Camera Design grips are officially out. I've been testing one on the RX1 and love it. Also available for the X100(s) and coming out for the XE1, X10 and X20. Peruvian walnut.
Batteries can be changed without removing the grip. $79.95.
It's a different approach to holding the camera and does work well for me. Extra grip is obtained with the pinky or 4th finger.

News | J.B. Camera Designs

NEW Wood Grip Bases for the Sony RX1 and Fuji X100s | Facebook

NEW Wood Grip Bases by JB Camera Designs - a set on Flickr