The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

biglouis

Used my RX1 for the first time, in a few weeks. It is always the 'go to' camera if I am working in low light. I always know I can capture what I want. Great confidence in this little beast.

My cat 'Socks' is absolutely fascinated by our printer. Each time it bursts into life he just has to check it out!

David Panno

New Here…..

Just a hello and a pic.

What is the maximum file size for this site? Could not attach a full-res Flickr image.

bifi25

Hello Together,

reading some things about RX1, somebody from the german dslr-forum posted the dpi-link.

I could see lots of interesting images in this section. I'm from germany, and want to share some images with you...:)

Christian

Last edited:

Kyndel

I am extremely pleased with the colour rendition of my RX1. Perhaps a tad oversaturated but I'd rather reduce saturation than try to increase it. Also, very very sharp when corrected in Lightroom 5.

I am quite attracted to a second body, either the Nex-5 or 7 since the announcement of the 16-70 Carl Zeiss f4 zoom. Together with the RX1 that would make a useful combination for my kind of photography.

However, my assumption has always been that I would get the same look with a Nex camera as I do with my RX1.

Is this the case?

LouisB
Louis, the only reason I am thinking about this camera is this certain touch - character - signature -whatever we shall call it - it has, and for me it is in the night-shots = I really love them.

I have 11 cameras, but none of them can hit this certain touch/character/signature at night shots, the closest I had come was with my former D700 and the Nikon 85mm f/1.4D.

I have downloaded a lot of night shots and tryed to get the same in PP with my own pictures, and compared, but it is not possibly - OK close with the combo I mentioned, but not exact.

So I think you will be disappointed if you think you can get the same with the camera you mentioned, I think it is the sensor AND the lens together, perhaps the lens is the important thing here ?

---

And I do not think they are oversaturated, it is just what I love for night shots.

In day-light I am more than happy with my 3 DP Merrills (and more) , but the Foveon-sensor need light, and my Fuji x100s is fine, but do not have this touch, when night shooting, so for the night I am on the fence for this camera.

I need to eat some crow on this comment, as I'm now a current RX1 user, and I actually returned the EVF in favor of the OVF."

How do you know what the camera is focusing on when looking through an OVF?
I'd love for this combination to work, I just don't understand how it does.

Thanks,
Robert

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I need to eat some crow on this comment, as I'm now a current RX1 user, and I actually returned the EVF in favor of the OVF."

Thanks,
Robert
You don't, other than listening for a beep. However, it's really not that much of an issue since you'll likely have the focus on the centre of the frame.

Shashin

Thanks,
Robert
Robert, I use an Voightlander OVF with my RX-1. I have a center focus point set on the camera and I simply center the object in the OVF. Once the AF stops (I turned the beeps off), I take a picture. I also have my AF set to my C button so I can set the focus and then take several shots. I find it works quite well.

MILESF

Sennen Cove, Cornwall UK in December with the RX1-r.

Finally, I think I have found the ideal companion camera for my main, medium format camera. Leave aside the technical details - it has the magical ingredient of not getting in the way between me and the image. So in a different way does the Arca-Swiss technical camera so it's nothing to do with size or ease of use. Hard to put into words.