The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Muizen

One more shot this evening with the RX1R. Upper Snake River near Montezuma. River is very high and large boulders here so lots of water action from all the rain of late. However used my 6 stop ND filter and iso of 64 to calm things down and soften the tones in the water. Eleanor

Eleanor:
When I see your shots of the water flow in Snake River, I can only conclude that I have never seen water flowing like you present in your river images. More like milk flowing rather than water.
Is this really the way of shooting water movement in rivers and water falls?
Harry

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Daniels Park, CO
The more I use, the more I like this small camera and lens. It's so easy to change to B &W. The files are so good.
It's a fantastic camera. After serious shooting sessions with the medium format, taking pictures with the RX-1 is like meditation.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Pramote
http://www.zenfolio.com/pramotelaoprasert/edit

M

mjr

Evening

Still really enjoying my RX1, in many ways it is the ultimate travel camera for me.

Here's a couple from today.

M

mjr

Evening

More from the rx1 today, took a trip to a huge Howitzer placement, miles and miles of tunnels carved in to the mountains. A very poignant moment as i stood with a Chinese family. There was massive loss of life on both sides during the conflict.

Shashin

Mat, great work. Even the depressing stuff. Here is for peace, although the region does not seem to be heading in that direction.

M

mjr

Hi Will

Thanks, much appreciated. It's an interesting place for sure, I was here 4 years ago working on the plan for removing the land mines and unexploded ordnance from the island, now all the work is complete the difference is stark. There are loads of parks, museums and monuments and the tourists are flocking. Mainly Chinese who are fascinated with the island.

I'm glad that even the depressing stuff is viewable, there are stories to be told and even daily life is so different to what we know in the West that it's worth documenting. I'm enjoying the street photography, not really done any before.

Anyway, I agree, here's to peace.

Mat

Shashin

Mat, no problem with showing the bad stuff, it is just depressing that we don't learn enough from history. I am an optimist because there is no point being anything else. And your land mine work is more impressive than your already fine photography. I toast you for that. But to be honest, and I am sure your agree, it would have been better if we did not need folks like you, at least for that work.

But enjoy Taiwan. I really enjoyed living in the far east. It is a fascinating place and about as far as you can get from a Western cultural perspective.

M

mjr

I agree Will, far better if we were capable of learning from our history and far far better for there not to be a need for the likes of me and the guys I work with. Somehow i think we'll be busy for a while yet.

Here's a couple from today, just wandering around and enjoying all there is to see.

M

mjr

Evening

At the risk of boring people! Here's a few more from this evening, the RX1 is incredible at night.