The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Shashin

Wow, I thought the Fun with RX-1 images would never get off page 21. Then bang, pow, wow, and we are well into page 22.

Graham, you have been holding back...

Jim DE

I recognize there are a huge number of excellent photographs posted here and around the net by various equipment and very talented photographer's but imho the images posted here and around the net on RX1/RX1r threads seem always as the top of the heap. I have resisted getting one of these cameras as I have a DP2m which comes close to the IQ of the RX1's and R's and find it hard to justify a fixed lens camera at that price. MY plan is to wait and see what the next generation of E mount full frames offer like the rumored a9 but it just is getting harder and harder to resist these Sony RX1 and r cameras. I recently went through the RX1/r thread on FM and those images just have something all the others don't. This camera/sensor/lens combo just seems to have something special....... don't know if I could get use to a fixed LCD and 35mm lens but I might be close to finding out if Sony doesn't come out with a new a7R or a9 body soon.

chiquita

I recognize there are a huge number of excellent photographs posted here and around the net by various equipment and very talented photographer's but imho the images posted here and around the net on RX1/RX1r threads seem always as the top of the heap. I have resisted getting one of these cameras as I have a DP2m which comes close to the IQ of the RX1's and R's and find it hard to justify a fixed lens camera at that price. MY plan is to wait and see what the next generation of E mount full frames offer like the rumored a9 but it just is getting harder and harder to resist these Sony RX1 and r cameras. I recently went through the RX1/r thread on FM and those images just have something all the others don't. This camera/sensor/lens combo just seems to have something special....... don't know if I could get use to a fixed LCD and 35mm lens but I might be close to finding out if Sony doesn't come out with a new a7R or a9 body soon.

Other cameras come and go but the RX1 endures ;) I've kept mine for almost two years now and dread the day something goes wrong with it. The lens/sensor combo is exquisite and it never ceases to amaze me.

Jim DE

Excellent...... as I look at these images there is just something special about them. I see a similar look with A7R images but in my opinion the RX1 and RX1r images just nudge them out a full heads length with that step into the image type appearance.

Now if I can just get past the feeling of limitation a single focal length camera has. My DP2m doesn't get used more because it is a one trick pony. Maybe the better higher iso capabilities of a RX1r will keep it in my hands more often than not. The idea of getting a a9 or a7rII with a 55mm is compelling but I also would have focal length options with their excellent 16-35 and 70-200 glass. Not to mention my legacy glass I use on my Nex camera's.

Decisions, decisions.....

Shashin

What else do you use Will?
Could you live with the RX1 if the other broke and had to be sent off for a month?
My other camera is a Pentax 645D. Oddly enough, I just sent the 645D in for a little TLC and all I have at the moment is the RX-1. So, to answer your question, yes.