The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Audii-Dudii

I'm new to RX1 ownership and just received the Ricoh GW-3 wide-angle converter I bought to try with my RX1.

I'm replacing a Fuji X100S outfit and really liked the 35/28 combo I achieved using a WCL-X100 wide-angle converter and am hoping to come up with something similar for my RX1 outfit.

I must say that, so far, I am favorably impressed by the GW-3's performance ... see the attached photos of my next-door neighbor's house, which were taken at f8 and focused manually using the macro ring hack. The corners are a teeny bit soft, but the center looks to be decently sharp and most importantly, the RX1's essential character remains.

jkjod

Just sold my A7 and a few other things to get a RX1r...The A7 took wonderful photos, but I never really got along with it - I never had "fun" taking pictures with it. I love my M2 because it seems to just get out of the way, and even though it was the first weekend with the RX1r I had the same feeling. Very, very happy with this decision!

DSC08466.jpg by jkjod, on Flickr

DSC08431.jpg by jkjod, on Flickr

DSC08363.jpg by jkjod, on Flickr

DSC08350.jpg by jkjod, on Flickr