The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Okay, y'all suckered me into buying and old beater RX1R and it's pretty darn nice. Only 4 days in, but I'm thinking I might have found my backup / carry everywhere camera.

Washington State Ferries - 01-2.jpg

I mostly lurk here but I sure appreciate all the great advice and generally fine commentary.

Cheers & thanks, Bill

dandrewk

For those of you considering an RX1/r or the RX1rII but can't really spend the money right now:

Fair warning. Don't look at any RX1 images on a 4k or 5k screen. Your eyes and your heart will take over. Hopefully, you'll still be able to make that mortgage payment. ;)

scho

For those of you considering an RX1/r or the RX1rII but can't really spend the money right now:

Fair warning. Don't look at any RX1 images on a 4k or 5k screen. Your eyes and your heart will take over. Hopefully, you'll still be able to make that mortgage payment. ;)
The images below are the last two that I shot today with the RX1R. Camera is now sold and I'm waiting for the RX1RII to ship.:)

scho

I sold my RX1R a week ago and I'm already missing it. I'll see how long I can hold out before ordering the RX1RII. Couple of old RX1R grunge shots.

Annna T

I like the composition of the first one and the rendering fits well to the subject
I sold my RX1R a week ago and I'm already missing it. I'll see how long I can hold out before ordering the RX1RII. Couple of old RX1R grunge shots.

Brian Mosley

Well, I couldn't resist a lovely RX1 for less than the price of an RX100 m4... lagging edge wisdom! :grin:

Not much chance to use it yet, but couldn't resist a quick snapshot of this carved into a stone wall nearby - I hadn't noticed this before the santa's hat :facesmack:

{Q}_DSC0114 FM.jpg
DSC-RX1 f2.8 1/60s ISO 200

Wonderful files, wonderful lens - this should keep me happy for a while, to let the RX1R2 drop in price a lot :cool:

Cheers

Brian