The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Brian Mosley

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed shooting with my old E-P1, but once I got out into the countryside the old muscle memory returned and I realised that framing with the RX-1 LCD instead of an EVF is actually more pleasurable! one can see all around and a big clear view of the scene in the LCD... anyhow, that did surprise me.

_DSC0133 FM.jpg
RX1 f8 1/125s

Kind regards

Brian

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Just getting to grips with the new workflow - it's frustrating not to be able to share these at much larger resolution... the files are spectacularly good.

_DSC0138 FM.jpg
RX1 f8 1/125s

Kind regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

I've always loved the gritstone of the north peak district, used to enjoy rock climbing as a youngster.

{Q}_DSC0146 FM.jpg
RX1 f8 1/125s ISO 250

Kind regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

I really think the RX1 was a perfect match of sensor to lens. As I've read from a number of owners, the files are wonderful to work with.

_DSC0193 FM.jpg
RX1 f8, 1/125s, ISO 100

Kind regards

Brian

chiquita

Well, I couldn't resist a lovely RX1 for less than the price of an RX100 m4... lagging edge wisdom! :grin:

Not much chance to use it yet, but couldn't resist a quick snapshot of this carved into a stone wall nearby - I hadn't noticed this before the santa's hat :facesmack:

View attachment 114523
DSC-RX1 f2.8 1/60s ISO 200

Wonderful files, wonderful lens - this should keep me happy for a while, to let the RX1R2 drop in price a lot :cool:

Cheers

Brian

Indeed Brian:). I took the A7RII to Amsterdam and it certainly does much better in low light, that aside I preferred everything I got from the RX1. I'm not sure I even want the newer version.

Brian Mosley

Actually, I would happily pay for an upgraded firmware - in my alternate universe, Sony would contract a professional to conduct a user survey and QA check the resulting update.

I'd pay £100 for a decent upgrade. Of course, in an ideal world Sony would have already done this to support existing fans.

Cheers

Brian

The Ute

I am the rare one who actually likes the add on viewfinder.
Also, I never had any issues whatsoever w the AF on the Rx1R.
FWIS the new one would have to be about 2x's as good to justify the upgrade cost.
There is nothing wrong w the RX1R. It takes beautiful photos. :)

Brian Mosley

I'm not entirely happy with the flat front of the RX1, so I bought another Sony AG-R2 rubber grip and attached it :

_C070013 1.jpg

It improves the grip substantially, without adding any bulk - obviously, I'd love to be able to buy something which is specifically designed for the RX1.

Kind regards

Brian