The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

The Ute

The Southwestern US has many Rock Art sites.
Visited this one in Nevada the other day.
It's called the "Khota Circus" after the name of the person who discovered it.

Brian Mosley

I sometimes wonder whether photographing artwork could be considered 'lazy' - but I love to see all captured art, and this second shot is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Brian

ohnri

Re: Fun with the RX1

I sometimes wonder whether photographing artwork could be considered 'lazy' - but I love to see all captured art, and this second shot is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Brian
I don't see how taking a photo of artwork is really substantially different from photographing a beautiful building or any other found object at all for that matter.

And, as you say, it is a wonderful way to share art that may never be seen in person.

-Bill

The Ute

Some find native American Rock art boring.
When you consider it is 600 or more years old and a window into the
Mind of the artist I don't see how anyone would then consider it boring.
But each to their own.
The other reason I posted these images was mentioned.
Many of these locations are quite remote and most people would be unlikely to ever see them in person.
Thanks for your compliment by the way.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
These are beautiful! I could look at this for a long time. I won't get to see these in person. I appreciate you posting them.