The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Lucille

The magic of the Rx1. It just has a certain 'look' to my eyes and I keep finding, for lowlight concert photography, If I take the A7R MII, A7, or A7S, the RX1 keeps giving me better output.

You will read about it not focusing in lowlight, and being very slow in operation, ect. All I know is it is very easy to use and it bangs out shot after shot after shot. It remains my goto camera for lowlight concert shots, over the A7S and A7R, though those work really well also, but the RX1 just has a magical look in my eyes.

Sony Rx1, 35mm f/2, ISO1600, 1/160sec

ohnri

The magic of the Rx1. It just has a certain 'look' to my eyes and I keep finding, for lowlight concert photography, If I take the A7R MII, A7, or A7S, the RX1 keeps giving me better output.

You will read about it not focusing in lowlight, and being very slow in operation, ect. All I know is it is very easy to use and it bangs out shot after shot after shot. It remains my goto camera for lowlight concert shots, over the A7S and A7R, though those work really well also, but the RX1 just has a magical look in my eyes.

Sony Rx1, 35mm f/2, ISO1600, 1/160sec
Nice image!

B&W in-camera or in-post?

Thanks,

Bill

raist3d

Lucille - I must say those two concert shots... they are pretty nice! And good tonality. And JPEG! yes! :) I used to shoot JPEG a lot in old 4/3rds.

Question: for the 2nd to last shot- did you crop? If so by about how much? I am curious to know how close are you getting to the performers.

- Ricardo

Lucille

Lucille - I must say those two concert shots... they are pretty nice! And good tonality. And JPEG! yes! :) I used to shoot JPEG a lot in old 4/3rds.

Question: for the 2nd to last shot- did you crop? If so by about how much? I am curious to know how close are you getting to the performers.

- Ricardo

I rarely crop and when I do it is very minimal simply cleaning up a edge.

I do use the digital zoom which is a in camera crop. I have it mapped to a rear button, hit it once and it zooms to 1.4 which I think is 50mm, hit it again and it zooms to 2.0 which I believe is 75mm. It may hurt quality if you pixel peep at 100% I suppose but I don't care as it still gives me a killer RX1 image with that look.

The fact that the Rx1 can do this makes it more versatile, often at these venues 'professional' cameras are not allowed, but they never take issue with my tiny point and shoot Rx1. So since I can't switch lenses I will use the digital zoom and frame a image properly as opposed to make a big crop from the original 35mm file.

Now, I shoot locally for many Artists and I have stage access and am often found onstage getting a image that most wont, notice me onstage to the right of the frame:

Lucille

I just love the Rx1, it has improved my photography by leaps and bounds, and the reason why.... It is so good it inspired me to go out and shoot every day, so every day I kept learning and improving.....

This camera makes art...

Santa Fe New Mexico.

Sony Rx1, 35mm f/2.5, ISO400, 1/200sec.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just love the Rx1, it has improved my photography by leaps and bounds, and the reason why.... It is so good it inspired me to go out and shoot every day, so every day I kept learning and improving.....

This camera makes art...

Santa Fe New Mexico.

Sony Rx1, 35mm f/2.5, ISO400, 1/200sec.
I love the light and shadows in this beautiful church.