The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1

Audii-Dudii

My last three outings have photographing sagurao cacti at night with my tripod-mounted RX1:

I haven't fully wrapped my mind around this project yet, but I believe the initial results are at least interesting and possibly even promising.

Audii-Dudii

And now for something a bit different:

I spotted this scene with a mesquite tree this past Thursday night, while I was out photographing more saguaros, and couldn't resist photographing it.

DLP

Where am I?
Who are these people?
Why are they staring at me?:shocked:

Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China

Audii-Dudii

Miss Abby!

Both were taken this afternoon while we were walking along the horse trail that borders the northern edge of the Salt River Indian Reservation.

It's because of photos such as these that Sony's deletion of the built-in flash has kept me from upgrading one of my RX1s to an RX1RII. :(

(And Yes, I swear my dog is bipedal!)

Last edited:

popcan

Granary Square (King's Cross, London) panorama (5 images stitched with Autopano Pro) - showing the installation art 'Across the Buildings2 by Swiss artist Felice Varini.

You can view a larger version here

I am happy to see some panoramic samples from you and Shashin as well.
I seem to be taking more of them lately when travelling.

V

Vivek

Recently had a chance to use a RX1. Despite the fixed LCD, it is quite a camera. There are clear differences between the RX1R II and this. But, the Rx1 has its own charm.

I am looking for fixer uppers (the ones with AF/MF malfunctions). Please let me know if you have one.

simonclivehughes

Just went through this entire thread in anticipation of receiving the RX1R I just ordered. I've wanted one these little jewels since they were first announced! I found one through Henry's Cameras here in Vancouver in great condition, and I've ordered the Zeiss optical viewfinder for it as well. Now I just have to await its arrival. I sold all my bigger bodies and lenses and the RX1R will join my beloved RX100 VI as my travel photography kit. Very excited!