Today, I was present for the unboxing of the first RX-1 available in Seattle, to my knowledge...
Photos taken of this RX-1 and the "unboxing"...next up, let's see some photos from the RX1!
While the camera is not mine, I was able to handle and take a few photos. Initial impression:
1. More responsive than I thought
2. Quiet Shutter
3. For me, I'd require some ergonomic adjustments (thumbs up), etc to make it more handle-able...hopefully Tim Isaac is working on something, and/or Sony enables a version with a hot shoe
4. It's quite small. Substantially smaller than the M9 with a 35 mm f/2 mounted...a really impressive feat...
5. Built well, though the finish is a tad slippery where there is no grip...would have preferred the "pebble finish", but this version looks slick
6. Lack of an articulated rear LCD screen is a bummer. The EVF seems that it would be a must for me, but then consequently increases the size and diminishes the ergonomics. It's a trade off for sure
Kudos to Sony for bringing this to the market. I have my hands full with other gear, but for those willing and able, it'll be a fantastic addition to their kits, from what I can tell...so for all of you lucky enough to own one, let the photo posts begin!