The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FF NEX

Lonnie Utah

It may be that Samsung will beat Sony with their FF mirrorless cam justy like they did with their NX.
Personally, I could care less what samsung does. Let's be 100% honest here. The FF mirrorless concept isn't about a native system. It's about adapting 3rd party legacy lenses. So far, no system give you better options for that than the NEX line of cameras. This should hold true if we get a FF nex....

V

Vivek

Whether I care or not is no big deal but anything to do with Samsung, Sony care deeply since they got beat resoundingly on many fronts by Samsung.

So, it is my expectation that it will give additional impetus for a FF NEX.

We are now in a flux. Once decent compact systems develop, apart from the adaptation curiosities, the better ones will prevail.

V

Vivek

I used to think that way about TVs only 2 years ago.

I know from my brief experience with the NX10, how things were with Samsung cameras a few years ago. They have enormous cash (and they do invest in R&D) and the appetite. So, I will not underestimate them at all.