The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A900: First Impressions

jonoslack

Thanks for the welcome Jono,
Dave wasn't able to help me, but I see exactly what you mean by "they'll be polite". Refreshing experience to say the least.
I think for the moment the 24/70 will do almost 90% of everything for me, the 135 I'm hoping will be my prime portrait lens on FF. I can't quite stretch to the 85 1.4 but I may get some milage out of a 50 or 58 Rokkor with a conversion, it could be a killer lens on the a900 for me.

Anyway, a few days to wait before the packages start to arrive, plenty of reading to be done on the system.

Thanks for your help
HI Eoin
Don't forget them in the future - they'll match most deals, and are always helpful.
I only glanced through the (very slim) instruction book once - everything else seems pretty obvious, quite a tribute really.

Picked up mine yesterday + the 24-70 CZ ( I will be taking delivery of the 135 CZ + a MF screen at the end of next week). I am Waiting for an opportunity to do some real shooting (as opposed to photographs my shoe laces under the kitchen light) but work is going to be stifling this week.

I agree with Jono, I have been scrolling the menus left and right thinking "that's it", so nice and simple.

deepdiver

Hi guys,
I just bought ZA 85/1.4 for my A900
Here is a pic of ZA 85/1.4 with ZF 85/1.4

So far i'm kind of confused with ZA 85/1.4
This lens is super sharp @F1.4 at close distance! however, at long distance the lens is not too sharp.
Is this normal???
A sample from A900 + ZA 85/1.4 @F1.4

It's really sharp...!

edwardkaraa

Mine is as sharp at close range as it is at infinity. Try to manually focus to see if the AF is a bit off at infinity.

edwardkaraa

One of my first photos with the A900 and Zeiss 24-70. A friend just opened a new Lebanese restaurant in Bangkok so I'm helping him with free photos for the menu. Using available light and reflector.

Chicken Kebabs anyone? :D

Last edited: