The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speed booster for NEX

Rich M

As per a suggestion by Rawfa......

I usually like B&W better, but in this case, I think I prefer the color version.

Rawfa

Rich, I have to say that your gut felling was right. I preffer the color version too. The contrast from the grass and the dark skies is more evident.

Rawfa

Some wide open shots at home...go easy on the "model"...Borred at home, just out of the shower after some bad sun burn.

Rich M

Apologies in advance......I have taken many pictures of this flower (Blue Jade; Strongylodon macrobotrys) over the years with many different lenses.
In essence, it has become a reference standard for me to measure the drawing style and rendering of a lens.

Here it is with the C/Y 100/2 at f/2.8

It passes muster......so far the best shots have been with the DP3M and the Tokina 90 macro. This one is pretty close.

Michiel Schierbeek

Old Mini.

I have special memories of this car, because my parents went with it from Amsterdam to Afganistan and back, in 1972. Inspired by my trip to the East in 1970.

Quiet an accomplishment considering the awfull roads at the time.

Wide open. I used a fader here otherwise it would be completly overexposed.

V

Vivek

Michiel, Very impressive! The photo as well. :)

You do know how to process the high contrast images projected by the SB combination. Now, that is a post card! :thumbup:

f/otographer

Rawfa, great set of pics. Absolutely wonderful work as always.

Michiel, that Mini has a crazy good 3D effect. A stunning photograph. And the swirly bokeh from that Helios is gorgeous.

Jim DE

I'd like to see a speed booster made for use with the Contax G glass...... a CG 45mm and one of those would make images that would be something i'd like to see from a Nex 7. My bet is that will never happen though... just too limited a market niche. But I would buy one of those way faster than one of the autofocus adapters that have been limping into introduction to the marketplace

Michiel Schierbeek

I'd like to see a speed booster made for use with the Contax G glass...... a CG 45mm and one of those would make images that would be something i'd like to see from a Nex 7. My bet is that will never happen though... just too limited a market niche. But I would buy one of those way faster than one of the autofocus adapters that have been limping into introduction to the marketplace
The C/Y Zeiss lenses are also very good and balance very well on the NEX 7 with the Speedbooster, exept the 100-300 may be.
(I added the Gariz case to the NEX-7 to have some more body and a better grip.)

Michiel

Rich M

Zeiss 35/2 ZS

C/Y 100-300mm

I know we can get addicted to our devices, but REALLY????

Last edited: